The Cardiology & Respiratory department at the Lister Hospital provides diagnostic investigations for patients with known or suspected heart or lung disease.
Our team of cardiologists ensure rapid analysis, diagnosis and treatment of any identified conditions.
Our cardiac consultants specialise in assessing chest pain, heart failure, suspected disturbances of heart rhythm (arrhythmia), and screening for cardiovascular disease.
The Lister Hospitaloffer a wide range of cardiac diagnostic tests including:
- 24 hr blood pressure monitoring
- 24 hr / 48 hr / 7 day holter monitoring
- 24 hr / 48 hr ambulatory monitoring
- Echocardiogram (including bubble contrast, 3D and stress echocardiogram)
- ECG (electrocardiogram)
- Exercise stress test
- Sphygmocor pulse pressure monitoring
- Pacemaker and ICD follow up
Our Consultants in Respiratory Medicine analyse any breathing problems, specifically respiratory dysfunctions like shortness of breath and exercise intolerance. Some common symptoms related to the respiratory tract include breathlessness, cough (either dry or productive), wheeze, chest discomfort or pain, snoring and daytime sleepiness. There may also be an allergic or seasonal variation in symptoms
The Lister Hospital offer a range of respiratory diagnostic tests including:
- Basic spirometry
- Full lung function
- Mannitol challenge testing